9 tips to help you increase podcast downloads
- High-res photo – A great photo makes all the difference with marketing! Send me a high-resolution photo (1,000px or larger). We will create artwork that will be posted on our website as well as our social channels. Send the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Landscape orientation (not portrait). If we do not receive a high-resolution photo, our publishing team will skip your episode and move on to the next.
- Don’t send us a PDF “one sheet” – Do you want to be a guest on more shows? Maybe more top tier shows with massive viewership? This tip will help. Don’t send us a PDF “one sheet”, it’s no longer 2007 😜. What works best is a Media Kit Web Page like this, CLICK HERE. The problem with PDFs is they don’t allow you to strip the text and images off the PDF. This makes it hard to copy and paste to our marketing materials which makes it difficult to promote you. If you want help, we can create a Media Kit Web Page for you that will host your high-resolution photo, intro text, website links, social links, brand logos, and more. Email email@example.com if you want help.
- Pro mic – Great sound quality is key! Please invest in a professional mic. If we start the podcast and you do not have a professional mic, we will have to reschedule. Here is a great option on Amazon for $50. CLICK HERE
- Quiet location – Record in a quiet location to reduce background noise and echo. Ideally, a location with carpeting because carpeting absorbs sound. If you’re in a room with hardwood floors, it will sound like you’re in an echo chamber. We don’t want that. 😜
- Don’t ramble – Please don’t take 10 – 15 minutes to answer each question. I will ask a lot of questions because I want to provide a lot of value to my audience.
- Share the numbers – My audience loves the numbers and in marketing, numbers stand out. Rest assured, I won’t ask personal questions about your salary but I will ask questions about business revenue, number of customers, and acquisition multiples (if you sold a business).
- Be humble – My audience loves to hear down-to-earth authentic stories. Be ready to share mistakes made and lessons learned on your journey.
- Provide an Apple Rating and Review – When you have time, please provide a rating and review of our show on Apple Podcasts. Ideally, a 5-star rating! The more ratings we get, the more exposure your episode will receive. Apple Podcasts functions like a search engine and podcasts with more ratings rank higher. CLICK HERE.
- Share with your audience – When your episode goes live, we will promote you to our 7,000+ customers on Tykr, and share you on our social channels which have thousands of followers. When we tag you on social media, please be ready to share your episode with your audience. This is a team effort!